Saturday, May 28, 2011

Done

Thursday I ran 3.5 miles, Friday I hiked 5 miles in the mountains, and this morning I ran the 5k I've been building up to. I did it!

My main goal was to run the whole 5k, and I did that.

My realistic goal was to run the whole 5k in under 40 minutes, and I did that.

My wishful goal was to run the whole 5k in under 35 minutes. I didn't do that, but I split the difference and made it in about 37 1/2 minutes. About 12.3 minute miles.

Before the run, I saw my friend Diane, who lost her teenage son in a freak accident last summer. In the packet for today's run there was a little flier announcing a 5k on August 27th that is named for her son: The Brandon Curtis Forever Strong 5k run/walk.

I'm going to sign up for that run and beat my time by at least 5 minutes in honor of Brandon and his family.

Oh, and now that I have met my goal for the 5k, I need to start focusing on my weight loss goal. I weighed myself yesterday morning, and I haven't really lost anything since I started this whole project, though I can tell that my body is changing for the better - more muscle, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment