Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Run

Creating this new blog has already paid off! I started getting nervous yesterday when I figured out the math. The 5k is only three weeks from today. Yikes! When I set out this morning, I decided I'd try to run as much of the loop as possible after a short walking warm up (my house to the main road).

Because I wanted to report back here (even if no one reads it), I ended up running 3.5 miles with a walking cool down from the main road back to my house. I did the 3.5 mile run in 46 minutes (averaging 13-minute miles). I am so happy that I have already proved to myself that I'll be able actually run the whole 5k as long as I keep up my training. What I'd like to do is run the 5k in 35 minutes or less. I think that's respectable, and more importantly, possible.

The only time I thought I wasn't going to make it was going up the second hill after I'd already run 2 miles. But I pushed through and was rewarded with a gentle downhill slope to recover on. I also started to lag when the end was in sight, but I made a choice, dug deep, and finished strong.

Day of rest tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment